Packing for a camp might take a few turns to get right, so here is a basic guide to packing and what to expect. Before you go all crazy with the shopping list check with your campsite on what amenities that they offer you as part of your booking.
Below is a list of things that we suggest you carry with you:
- Change of clothes
- Some warm clothing, jackets, nights can get a little cold
- Raincoats/umbrellas/rain proof jackets - check weather forecast
- Hat or cap (preferably one that covers your neck)
- Swim wear and/or any other water-related gear that you may wish to carry.
- Hiking boots or sneakers
- Toiletries (paste, toothbrush, soap, hand sanitizers)
- Sunscreen (SPF 30+)
- Toilet paper roll/reusable hand towels
- Sippers/water bottles to refill drinking water
- Minimum 5L of water per person for your use
- Any medication that you need, a first aid kit will however be on the campsite
- Bug spray/mosquito repellent
- Tents, sleeping bags and folding chairs - not needed if you're renting from the camp.
- Yoga mats as a cushion for sleeping bags
- Inflatable pillow
- Flashlight/Headlamp/Lantern (mandatory for all camping activities)
- Meals, munchies and snacks for quick bites
- Please carry your own beverages/mixers for your drinks
- Garbage bags (1 each for dry and wet waste that you will carry back home with you)
- Any easily portable instrument you may wish to carry
- Kayak, fishing rods or any adventure gear (do reach out to us for us to confirm if the campsite has provisions for the same)
- Camera/Binoculars for bird watching
While all this is true, your needs are known only to you.
Don’t forget to pack as per your crucial needs. That said — pack light and pack smart, always ;) The fun thing about camping is to keep it simple.