Village plantation farm stay Near Bhagamandala/Talacauvery.
Activities around the Eco Stay
- Doing Nothing is an Art we encourage you to perfect. Not that there’s a lack of things to do, but it’s your state of mind when doing them. Its a lot of work
- Walk to the Cauvery That's just a few minutes away!
- Finish a book, After all, you used to finish one a day at one time, didn’t you?
- Learn a little Kodava You must, you’re in Kodagu.
- Cook a Coorgi meal We have cookbooks and our expert to help you with this.
- Do a trek Simple ones. Long ones. Even drive and climb up Tadiyanmol!
- Birdwatch. There are over a dozen varieties easily spotted, and a lovely spot within a few minutes walk.
- Play Scrabble and other board games.
- Ok. Chill. The idea is to essentially just relax. Linger.
Directions to Eco Farm stay Coorg
It's between 280-300 km from Bangalore depending on where you start from.
It takes between 5hrs 20mins with one break, and 6hrs 30mins with plenty, to get there.
Bangalore-Mandya-Srirangapatna (slick 4 lane all the way) – turn towards Ranganthittu and take the bypass to Hunsur Road (20 kms of backroad) – Hunsur – Periyapatna – Kushalnagara – Madikeri. The roads are done up recently and smooth all the way!
At the Thimmiah Circle as you enter Madikeri, take the 90-degree left (along the Petrol Pump) onto the road towards Mangalore – and a few kms later is the first left (hairpin) turn towards Bhagamandala/Talacauvery. A little ahead the (better looking) road goes left to Virajpet, but you need to continue straight towards Bhagamandala. You’ll soon climb up a hill at Appangala, and down it to the Spice Research Institute, after which there’s a fork where you need to continue on the left (straight?) one. The next fork has a left to Napoklu, but you need to continue straight and cross Cherambane, and then come to Chettimani Village.
At the entrance of the Chettimani Village is a signboard announcing the elevation of the place – 2592 feet MSL – from where the turnoff to Linger is exactly 2.1kms. After the Chettimani Village, you’ll cross a temple on your left, of which you can merely see the roof, and a milestone announcing “Bhagamandala 6”. From this milestone, go about 500 mtrs and there’s a small little mud road just before a bus shelter on the left of the road there. This is the “Bandipkadu” bus stop, and we’ve marked it as such in both English and in Kannada. A 100 metres on this mud track brings you to Linger, and a few relaxed days ahead. Ideally, call Harish as you cross Madikeri, and he’ll wait for you at the bus stop before you turn off the main road.
Kids upto 10 years of age are welcome at no charge at all (accompanying 1 per adult).
We’re pet friendly at most locations, and pets are welcome at a flat convenience charge of 250/- a day and we are happy to make pet food available at Rs 500/- a day