The deepest forest property in Corbett, 1.5 hours from Kotdwar.
Khetiyo is a serious deep-in-the-woods property on the Mandal riverside on the lesser explored, quieter, Garhwal side of Corbett. You'll need to walk 5-10 mins across the river after the vehicle drops you on this side, and in the rains when the river's in spate, it's a 45 min hike through the forest to get there - and it's totally worth it!
This property is in an area reclaimed from a village where the forest has regrown. It is wild all around, kept electricity free, and is a true experience of the forest. Great for wildlife, birding and for just being in the forest. We also do hikes around, and a lunch at the Garwhali village up higher up in the hills.
This accommodates upto 4 adults., and we'll accommodate upto 2 more kids on mattresses.
Why should you go here?
- 100s of square kilometres of forest around. A river flowing alongside.
- So you go walk in the forest, Spot birds, and try identifying them,Guess where the movement of the beast is from the alarm calls
- Do a walk through the forest up to the Garhwali village – we’ll setup lunch there!
- Spend time on the machaan and hold your breath,Go sit in the river.
- It’s a glorious place to do nothing!
Activities you can do around the stay
- Ghooming at dawn
- Star Gazing
- Star Beds
- Hike to Chamsen
- Hike to Jhurungoo
- Village grazing in Luthiya
- Kitchen Gardening at Khetiyo
- Cycling in the hills
Kids upto 10 years of age are welcome at no charge at all (accompanying 1 per adult).
We’re pet friendly at most locations, and pets are welcome at a flat convenience charge of 250/- a day and we are happy to make pet food available at Rs 500/- a day