At 2000+ metres above sea-level, off-the-grid and accessible only by foot, #TheMistyMountainHop is shrouded in clouds for most of the year. However, the warmer months allow for a crisp view of a very large valley.
The Hop is cut into steps on a hill, that is accessible only by foot, near a forest. The land is surrounded by forest on two sides, the neighbour's farm on the third side, and the valley in the fourth. There is a steady flow of water and there is an Indian-style toilet attached to a small house. The house and the toilet are more than 40 years old. While it is clean, it is in true village style.
It is in the same valley as Karuna Farms.
We have 2 Rules:
1. Do not disturb nature with sound, light and inorganic waste.
2. Please take care of yourself-- safety and self service.
Things to remember:
- If this is your first visit, for your safety sake, you MUST reach the campsite by 4pm latest.
- This is a campsite. Not a hotel. Therefore everything is self-service. Please wash your own dishes. Cook your own food. And carry ALL your inorganic waste back into town and put into a municipal waste bin.
- You need to buy everything you need BEFORE you reach here. There is no delivery service or any such thing.
- The jeep driver will charge the same amount whether you are using him only for the last half kilometer, or for the whole distance from the Kodaikanal bus stand. As of January 2018 they charge Rs 450 for the full jeep filled with 4 people. If there is extra luggage/people, or after dark, he may charge a little extra. The camplord has no personal connection with the jeep driver. The accommodation fee does not include jeep fee.