In past times we looked up. When the night came our ancient ancestors gathered around a fire and told tales about what was going on up in the night sky. This was before the invention of the television. Even before electricity and centuries before books.
Different cultures told different stories. The Cherokee told tales about how the milky way was created by a dog who stole some cornmeal accidentally spilling the cornmeal while running away. According to the aboriginals, the milky way is a daunting river in the sky world.
Space is fascinating for everyone from kids to grownups, those never-ending curious questions about the stars, planets, the rotation of the earth, UFO's .. oh so many questions!
Let's help you get some answers.. Join us for a fun evening under the stars with our friends from India's foremost space startup SSERD. You'll learn about astronomy, space tech, celestial objects, telescopes and how to use them, Observation of the Moon and Planets through the Telescope and Finally watch a space movie under the Stars!!!
You get the chance to interact and ask all the mysterious questions about the universe to the Team of Society for Space Education, Research and Development (SSERD) who are into Space Education and enjoy the Space Weekend!
Stargazing with a telescope | Campfire Chats | Fun Hike | BBQ | Swiss Tents | Full serviced Camp | Pet-Friendly | Family Friendly | Kid Friendly
Don’t expect Loud DJ music, dancing and the typical city-like party scenes.
Tamarind Jungle Camp
is a unique nature camp and a great place to go camping or enjoy a stay at our eco friendly earth cottages.
Surrounded by forested hills on all sides, you can laze on a hammock under a tamarind tree, jump into our rustic jungle pool, go for nature treks, enjoy our treehouse, enjoy the starlit sky, strum your guitar and have the birds wake you up in the morning.
About Organizers -
Society for Space Education
, Research and Development (SSERD) is an organization which is elevated to promote Space Science among the community and create awareness about the current inventions and innovations happening in this sector. We have various programs planned for all kind of audience from all age groups. Our key aim is to update the community with the latest news and make them be part of Space Revolution which has already started.
Checkin around 3 pm
Setting up tents
Walk in the farm and to nearby pond.
A session on Astronomy and Telescopes
Learn how to use Telescope
04:30 – 06:00 -> Observation of Mars, Mercury Planets , Jupiter , Saturn , Moon
Trekking to a Nearby Hill ( 3 Kms - approx 1 hrs - Easy hike )
*This is an indicative itinerary that is likely to vary slightly.
Meals included are - Eve tea snacks, bbq, dinner and breakfast.
Pricing including GST:
Regular Tent camping pass per head ( Adult above 10 years ) - INR 3000
Regular Tent camping pass per head ( Kids between 6 to 10 years ) - INR 1800
BYOT adult camping pass per head ( Adult above 10 years ) - INR 2600
BYOT kids camping pass per head ( Kids between 6 to 10 years ) - INR 1500
Kids below the age of 6 yrs are free if accompanied by an adult.
* BYOT means Bring Your Own Tent and sleeping gear.
Tent stay (unless you’ve chosen BYOT). allocated one per family or couple or if you are a solo traveller.
Use of common amenities and facilities at the campsite
Washroom and shower facility are available.
Dinner, BBQ and breakfast ( Veg and Non-veg)
Inclusive of GST
Does not include travel to and from the campsite
Vehicle transfers to trekking start point & off-roading
- This is a community gathering in a private property, nuisance will strictly not be tolerated and you might even be asked to leave the premises if the community feels unsafe or disturbed. You are most welcome to enjoy your drink and keep the happiness to yourself and avoid disturbing others around you
- This is not a cheap, alternative for a place to get drunk. We are serious campers, we love nature and we appreciate if you share the same sentiment
- We are very particular on zero trace camping. Please carry a trash bag & carry all your garbage back with you.
- Due to unavoidable circumstances (like rain or any natural calamity), if the function gets cancelled Campmonk or any other person associated with the same shall not be responsible for any claim or compensation. Campmonk accepts no responsibility for injuries or the loss/theft of any personal property inside the Venue.