Walk to the unexplored side of Brahmagiri hills gives you some awe inspiring panorama and an elating escapade into the nature.Never ending green pastures and sprawling evergreen rain forest cover gives a perfect treat to your eyes.If you are lucky you could get a chance of sighting wildlife around the area.
Visit to the government run Anti - Poaching camp for some refreshments and then to further walk to nearby untouched forest streams and scenic waterfalls ensuring the hikers interests never fades away.Changing seasons add versatility to the character of nature, painting it to the best of colors nature has in store for us.
Camping in the woods
Our Campsite is located at the remote woods of South Coorg is surrounded by forests, coffee plantations and pepper vines.A fresh water forest stream flows right next to the Camp where you can indulge in endless fun .Our Campsite is a complete nature zone with no electricity. Evenings are lit by Kerosene Lamps. Phone signals are hardly available .So be prepared to stay in the woods.
Food Served is authentic and home cooked. Enjoy the delicious smoked Barbecue ( Thats comes with additional cost ) spiced up with locally bird eye chilly that will surely keep you in tears during the evening session of bonfire
4 Western Bathroom cum Toilets
2 are dedicated for girls
Water is not a problem. Fresh Forest stream water is pumped using Diesel generator all the time -( Be prepared for Cold showers)
Walk to the unexplored side of Brahmagiri hills
Visit to the government run Anti - Poaching camp
Camp in the Woods, Votecad Nature Camp,Srimangala, Coorg
Depart from Bangalore around 6.30 AM : Start Point - IIMB
Arrive at the Campsite by Noon and Traditional Lunch
Visit Iruppu Water Falls & Nagarhole Safari ( Optional & Additional - Rs 300 / Person )
Evening games ( Football )
Evening Bonfire & dinner
Breakfast at the stay
Walk to Elephant grasslands with Packed lunch
Head back to Base point by 3 PM
Evening head back to Bangalore & reach by 10 PM
Rs.4500/adult (12 yrs above)
Rs.2500/child 6-12 yrs
including transportation, meals and activities
Pick up & drop from Bangalore Accommodation in tents ( Coleman)
1 Breakfast, 2 Lunch, 1 Dinner ( Traditional Meals will be served)
Walk to the elephant grasslands
Entry Charges to National Park(Note: This amount needs to be paid directly at the park entry point and availability will be first to come basis)
Important Notes for Trekking:
- Please speak to the guide before arriving for the trek and understand the current season
- We do not provide any transport services to any trek base point .In case you don’t have any transport
- It has to be requested a day before so that we can try to make some arrangement .
- We are not responsible for any loss of your personal belonging
- We are not responsible for any personal loss or Injury,However, we will ensure adequate first aid is provided
- Do not wear bright coloured clothes ( forest-green or mud-brown )
- Littering, shouting, spitting, singing or using transistors and music systems during the trek are prohibited.
- Always be in the group and follow your leader & Walk strictly along demarcated route
- Do not approach any animal / insect during any sightings and without the supervision of the forest guides
- Do not eat any wild fruit without knowledge of the forest guide
- Inform the forest guide / Leader for any pug marks or sightings
- Leave no trace - Any decomposing and non decomposing waste should be carry back and always pick any garbage you find thrown during the trail .
- It is preferable that the members of a trekking group be of about the same level of physical fitness. If someone falls behind due to lack of physical fitness, etc, it is the responsibility of the entire group to ensure that the person is somehow brought to the camp.
- It is expected that the trekkers behave civilly, show respect and cooperate with each other. The Group Leader / Guide may penalize or expel any misbehaving participant, or even terminate the whole programme at any stage, depending on the gravity of the incident. No compensation is payable to trekkers on such events.
- It is made clear that there is no vehicle facility to pick up the participants, should they decide to terminate their programme mid-way. There is no place for vehicles in trekking programme. Trekking options should be availed keeping this factor in mind.
- If a trekker is lost, he should stay at the same spot and keep blowing the whistle at regular interval. A search party will be organized to find him. Whistle is heard far in the forest and he will be located. He should never react in panic.
- Children below 15 years are not allowed in the programme. Nor are pets allowed.
- Using matchbox or smoking during trekking is prohibited. It may cause forest fire.
- Do not collect any souvenirs such as plants or animal parts from the forest.
- Remember, the trekking activity is a form of wilderness education and conservation. So help the Forest officials in putting out fire. Also report it to the nearest official.
- Assist, if called upon by the forest officials, in nabbing poachers, smugglers, etc. Also report any such activity immediately. Inform about grazing of cattle also.
- Report sighting of any injured wildlife to the authorities.