The Bird song cabin
is proud to present a family special – Naturalist and Wildlife Camp. This specially crafted one-and-a-half day camp is a perfect opportunity for parents to get to bond with their children and experience the best that nature has on offer at the same time.
Staying at Bird song cabin
our own property on the edge of a gleaming lake, this is the perfect gateway to experiencing the joys of birding, wildlife tracking, angling and wildlife photography. What’s better, with award-winning wildlife photographer Phillip Ross as your camp leader, you and your child are sure to have a fun-filled time getting to explore areas of Bannerghatta seldom visited by tourists.
The campsite is situated right on the fringes of the Bannerghatta National Park. This unique park, home to wild Asiatic elephants
, boasts of being the world’s closest wilderness to a metropolis. The park is richly diverse and is also home to a tiger
, wild dogs
, sloth bears
and an array of nocturnal wanderers including the rare honey badger
in addition to more commonly sighted animals such as gaur
, wild boar
and various species of deer
. The park is also a birdwatcher’s paradise, with over 150 species of bird, including the yellow-throated bulbul
and rufous-bellied eagle
. Be assured to sight at least 30 species within the property.
With an array of activities ranging from angling, wildlife tracking, bird-watching, singing around the campfire, star gazing and fun nature-based games, parents and their children are sure to have an unforgettable camping experience.
The specifics of the camp include:
- Bonding together in a new, unique way while experiencing the best of nature
- A very luxurious stay and delicious meals at The Outback Farm & Homestay, Bannerghatta
- Learning exciting new skills
- Get fascinated by activities like angling and bird hide photography
- A fun-filled great holiday
- Expert guidance from wildlife photographer Phillip Ross
DATES: 27th & 28th March 2021
- On arrival at Bird song cabin, camp leader Phillip Ross will welcome all parents and our aspiring young naturalists to this beautiful campsite on the banks of a lake amidst the forest. After check-in, Phillip will introduce the property to you while you enjoy a refreshing welcome drink and later we will get to know each other through a fun ice-breaking name game.
- After the game, Phillip will talk to you about ornithology and will lead you around the beautiful property in search of its avian wonders. We should come across at least 30 species over the hour we spend birding. Once back at the rooms, we’ll give in to the enticing smells coming in from the kitchen. Yes, lunch time has arrived and the chef reveals the delicacies prepared.
- After a delicious lunch, and a presentation on nature photography will be conducted and the it’s time to pull out your cameras. Phillip will teach everyone about the ideal camera settings to set while shooting wildlife, how to carefully approach and photograph wildlife in order to capture those fantastic images and also the best ways to compose a beautiful image.
- Phillip will now lead the group to the bird photography hide, where you and your child can practice what you’ve learnt from the photography lesson, and where you will get to see and photograph birds like never before.
- After the hide photography session, we’ll embark on an exciting trek to a nearby hill from where we are treated to a panoramic view of the forests of Bannerghatta. From here, you and your child can witness an amazing sunset, click stunning landscape images and, if lucky, sight some of Bannerghatta’s wildlife in the valleys below. It’s a great place to spend the evening, bond with your child and practice what you’ve learnt from the photography lesson earlier. On the way down, we will learn about camera trapping and set up a camera trap, hoping that Bannerghatta’s nocturnal wanderers chooses to walk by sometime during the night or in the wee hours of the morning.
- Once back at the campsite, we will have a fun entertainment and sing-along session while enjoying the campfire, and hit the sack soon after a scrumptious dinner.
- We awake to the sweet calls of the birds found within the campsite andwalk out of our room’s to watch the mist rising over the lake and the sun rays lighting up the surrounding forests. After a hot beverage, it’s time to grab fishing rods and bait, and head down to the water’s edge. Phillip will introduce the art of angling to everyone, and you and your child will learn about the various fishing methods, types of tackle and species of fish found in the lake, and how to cast, set the hook and carefully retrieve the catch without hurting the fish. Please remember that all fish caught will be released back into the lake.
- After a working up an appetite hooking onto some of the monsters in the lake, we rush to devour the breakfast buffet.
- After a hearty breakfast, we eagerly leave to retrieve the camera trap. What may have crossed the trap during the night? Once the camera trap is checked, we’ll return to the campsite and play some fun father vs children games.
- During the last hour of the camp, Phillip will help put together the bird checklist and talk about wildlife conservation and the steps we can take in order to make a change.
- Finally, since all good things come to an end, we bid farewell to beautiful Bannerghatta. On the way back we reminisce about the highlights of the camp and return to the city, after having created new memories with your young naturalists!
COST & TERMS including GST
Room accommodation - Lake facing
Family of Four - INR 22,200/-per family of four (quad-sharing basis), in a large lake-facing air-conditioned luxury tent with an attached bath.
Family of Three - INR 20,000/- per family of three (triple-sharing basis), in a large lake-facing air-conditioned luxury tent with an attached bath.
Family of Two - INR 15,800/- per family of two (twin-sharing basis), in a large lake-facing air-conditioned luxury tent with an attached bath.
Room accommodation - Forest facing
Family of Four - INR 21,100/-per family of four (quad-sharing basis), in a large forest-facing air-conditioned luxury tent with an attached bath.
Family of Three - INR 19,000/- per family of three (triple-sharing basis), in a large forest-facing air-conditioned luxury tent with an attached bath.
Family of Two - INR 15,300/- per family of two (twin-sharing basis), in a large forest-facing air-conditioned luxury tent with an attached bath.
- Luxury accommodation in a choice of lake facing or forest facing luxury rooms.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and hot beverages (coffee and tea)
- All camera and entry fees
- All activities as mentioned in the itinerary
- Any extra meals and beverages ordered
- Anything that is not expressly mentioned in the inclusions list
Have questions about this camp? We hope you'll find your answers here.
Who is this camp for?
Any family of four, three or two is eligible to join this camp. There are no other eligibility criteria.
Will we be sharing the room with any other person?
No! You will have the room exclusively for your family only.
available from which you may choose one as per your convenience. Details will be shared when we receive your enquiry.
How many participants can be expected to attend?
A maximum of 3 families are expected. Our USP is to provide as much individual attention and quality time to each participant as possible and thus the camp strength has been kept low. We do not cater to very large groups per batch!