We present the perfect opportunity for families ro experience day-long nature & fishing experience is a perfect opportunity for adults and children to experience the best that nature and wildlife has on offer.
With an array of activities ranging from angling, wildlife tracking, birdwatching and fun nature-based games, you or your child is sure to have a whale of a time. The specific of the camp include:
- Gaining a comprehensive understanding of wildlife
- Family bonding in the midst of nature
- Delicious meals at Outback Camp, Bannerghatta
- Learning exciting new skills
- Fascinating activities such as angling and a forest trek
- A fun-filled great day out in the wild
- Arrive at the pickup point in Bangalore at 7 a.m, and once all the participants have assembled, we’ll depart in pre-arranged transport. An hour later we arrive at the gorgeous campsite set by a lake in the forests. After check-in, we will introduce the property while you enjoy a refreshing welcome drink and refreshments. Later we will get to know each other through a fun ice-breaking name game.
- After the game, we will talk to you about ornithology and lead the group around the beautiful property to explore its avian wonders. We should come across at least 30 species over the hour we spend birding.
- It’s now time to grab fishing rods and bait, and head down to the water’s edge. We will introduce everyone to the art of angling, and you will learn about various angling methods, types of tackle, the species of fish found in the lake, and how to cast, set the hook and carefully retrieve the catch without hurting the fish. Please remember that all fish caught will be released back into the lake.
- After working up an appetite catching some of the monsters in the lake, we’ll give in to the enticing smells coming in from the kitchen. Yes, lunch time has arrived and the chef reveals the delicacies prepared. After a delicious lunch, we’ll return to the lake to continue practicing what we learnt earlier in the day about angling and give ourselves another chance to catch some fish.
- After the angling session, we’ll embark on an exciting trek to a nearby hill and birdwatching trail from where we are treated to a panoramic view of the forests of Bannerghatta. From here, you can witness an amazing sunset, click stunning landscape images and, if lucky, sight some of Bannerghatta’s wildlife in the valleys below. It’s a great place to spend the evening and a great opportunity for you to learn how to identify and study the diverse birdlife and how to approach birds without disturbing them. We return to the campsite for a steaming hot beverage and some refreshments while we help put together the bird checklist and talks about wildlife conservation and the steps we can take in order to make a change.
- Finally, since all good things come to an end, we bid farewell to beautiful Bannerghatta. On the way back, we reminisce about all the highlights of the day-long camp and return to the city with the memory of a leisurely day well spent.
Individuals - INR 3,200 per head
Pals - INR 5,900 for two participants
- Full day excursion at Outback Camp
- Road transfers from Bangalore, to and from the destination
- All meals (breakfast & lunch) and hot beverages (coffee and tea)
- All camera and entry fees
- Any extra meals and beverages ordered
- Airfare, if applicable
- Anything that is not expressly mentioned in the inclusions list
Have questions about this camp? We hope you'll find your answers here.
Who is this camp for?
Anybody who is interested in having a great time in the outdoors and wants to learn about nature is welcome to enrol for this camp. There are no other eligibility criteria.
Is transportation included?
Yes, transport is included in the camp fee’s. The common pick up and drop off point will be advised to you once you have confirmed your spot for the camp.
How many participants can be expected to attend?
A maximum of 24 participants are expected. The Outback Experience’s USP is to provide as much individual attention and quality time to each participant as possible and thus the camp strength has been kept low. We do not cater to very large groups per batch!
Where will we be spending the day and what sort of food can we expect?
The farm & homestay is situated right on the periphery of the park and overlooks the jungle. The food served is a delicious buffet spread of local, Indian and Anglo-Indian delicacies.
What all items should I bring to this camp?
Once you register and pay for the camp, the camp instructor will send out the camp advice and general guidelines to every participant. This document will contain all the necessary information, a checklist of items to carry, etc.
Will my child be safe during the camp?
Don’t worry at all! Your child’s safety is of paramount importance to us. The camp instructor is well trained with regards to child protection and health and safety.