The famous Nagarhole Tiger Reserve opens its gates to young, aspiring wildlife photographers and naturalists in this fun and unique camping experience.
The river Kabini snakes its way through this reserve which is abundantly rich in flora and fauna and is especially known for its leopard and tiger sightings. Your child will also have many opportunities to see and photograph other mammals such as Asiatic elephants, Indian gaurs, sloth bears, Asiatic wild dogs and various species of deer apart from 300 species of birds that can be found in the reserve.
What’s better, Phillip Ross and Samantha Ross, will guide your child into the forests, take them through the fundamentals of wildlife photography and equip them with a basic understanding of animal behaviour that will help them take stunning photographs. Both instructors know these forests like the back of their hand and will lead your child to places where wildlife sightings are known to happen.
Come join us and enrol your child for this one-of-a-kind wildlife photography camp!
- Comprehensive understanding of photography and wildlife
- Tons of good wildlife sightings
- Two nights and three days in one of India’s richest wildlife habitats
- A very luxurious stay and delicious meals at The Bison Resort, Kabini
- A fun-filled great holiday
- Expert guidance from wildlife photographer Phillip Ross
- At the crack of dawn, we depart from the city of Bangalore and proceed to the much-awaited campsite. After check-in and a scrumptious lunch, camp leader Phillip Ross will introduce the children to Kabini with a brief on the wildlife found in the area, the afternoon’s safari plan and also a presentation on the ideal settings for their cameras for the first safari.
- We’ll then find ourselves aboard safari vehicles, driving into parts of Nagarhole, not knowing what will be lurking around every corner. We’ll keep our eyes peeled and hope that the safari turns out to be a very successful one.
- Later that evening, we’ll gather around a campfire for a presentation on composition and discuss our safari experience and animal behaviour.
- We end the night with a session of entertainment followed by a delicious dinner.
- We awake to the sweet calls of the birds found within the campsite and after a hot cup of coffee or tea, prepare to depart for the morning safari. This safari will be very exciting as your child will certainly have a better grasp of photography after the instruction session the previous evening and will be more confidant to take that stunning shot.
- We return to the resort for breakfast and rest for a bit. Just before lunch, your child may take a dip into The Bison’s beautiful infinity swimming pool.
- After lunch, we’ll have a discussion about exposure compensation and focussing before we embark on the afternoon safari. On our return at dusk, we will play a few nature-based games, learn and practice low-light photography and end the night with some entertainment and a celebratory dinner.
- On the final morning, the forests of Nagarhole beckon us to end the camp on a high note with a superb sighting on the fourth and final safari trip.
- After the safari and breakfast, we gather for a rendezvous before checking out at 11:00 a.m. and driving back to Bangalore, where we are sure your child won’t be able to wait to tell you some fascinating tales.
Pricing: Including GST
- Road transfers from Bangalore, to and from the destination
- Triple-sharing accommodation in ultra-luxury deluxe tents
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and hot beverages (coffee and tea)
- Four safaris into Nagarhole Tiger Reserve (Photography friendly canter safari’s run by Jungle Lodges & Resorts).
- Camera Fee’s – As per the Karnataka Forest Department, the fee is INR 500/- + 18% GST, per safari for a DSLR and lens above 200mm. The total camera fee’s per participant will be: INR 590/- x 4 safaris = INR 2360/-
- Any extra meals and beverages ordered
- Airfare, if applicable
- Anything that is not expressly mentioned in the inclusions list
Have questions about this camp?
We hope you'll find your answers here.
Who is this camp for?
Any child or teen between the ages of 10 and 17 is welcome to enrol for this camp. There are no other eligibility criteria.
My child is older or younger than 10 and 17. Can an exception be made?
The age group of the children has been carefully chosen keeping in mind the content and style of delivery. However, if your child is outside the age group and you’re interested in admitting him or her, please talk to us.
How many participants can be expected to attend?
A maximum of 15 children are expected. The USP is to provide as much individual attention and quality time to each participant as possible and thus the camp strength has been kept low. We do not cater to very large groups per batch!
Where are we staying and what sort of accommodation and food can we expect?
We will be staying at The Bison Resort in Kabini. The Bison Resort is a beautiful resort situated right on the banks of the Kabini backwaters and overlooks the jungle. All children on camp will be staying in ultra-luxurious and well-furnished tents. The food served is a delicious buffet spread of local, Indian and continental delicacies.
Will my child be safe during the camp?
Don’t worry at all! Your child’s safety is of paramount importance to us. The camp instructor is well trained with regards to child protection and health and safety.