Should YOU ever get stranded, lost or even separated from your fellow trekkers in the event of some natural calamity, this mountain survival workshop by Zen Mountain Gear would help you bivouac, survive and continue with the trek, as well as reconnect with the rescuers without resorting to any panic in such a crisis.
With These Skills, You Could Potentially Save Your Life Or Help Someone In Distress In The Mountains.
- Basics of Camping
- Wilderness Survival basics
- Woodcraft & Bush-craft
- Bush-craft Tool Usage
- Process Wood for Fire Lighting
- Multiple Fire Lighting Methods
- Finding & Purifying Water
- Navigation & Night Navigation
- Basic Astronomy
- Emergency Shelter Making
- Making A Personal Bug Out Bag
- Prevention of Dehydration & Hypothermia
- Basics of HAPO, HACO & Altitude Sickness
- Basic Knots, Use of Paracord
This Small Group Workshop Is Ideal For You If
- If you have completed over 3 treks and want to learn new outdoor skills
- Want to practice small group or independent trekking
- Anyone who would like to start solo trekking
- Learn skills that will keep them safe in the mountains
- Trek Leaders wanting to learn new skills
- Anyone who doesn't want to be a tourist in the mountains
What You'll Learn
- How to build a shelter, light a fire, find water and navigate
- How to process wood for a fire
- How to find the direction with a compass/analog watch or stars at night
- The dos and don’ts to follow during a trek or a travel
- How to conserve water and prevent dehydration
- How to prevent hypothermia, frostbite; signs of high altitude sickness
Workshop Trainer - Sutirtha Sanyal
Sutirtha Sanyal, the founder of SilverSteps, is a certified mountaineer. He conducts wilderness survival and management leadership training programmes for adventure enthusiasts and corporate groups.
He is engaged with Tata Steel Adventure Foundation as a consultant for their outbound leadership training programme.
- Personal survival kit
- Stay at a campsite in tented accommodation
- Survival Kit Worth Rs 799
- Saturday- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Sunday: Breakfast, Lunch
- Use of Equipment
- Transport To & From The Venue
- Other Personal Expenses
Sutirtha conducted an excellent workshop. The workshop had practical demonstrations and techniques.
Shanta- Radicle Advisors
My children and I really enjoyed the workshop. These skills not only impart outdoor survival skills buy will also help my children be more independent.
About the Campsite
Campers Paradise -
Most times you hear of a paradise you’re thinking of a remote location far away from the bustle of the city. Campers Paradise busts that myth! A lush green natural space with blue backwaters, just an hours drive from Bangalore, makes it a perfect weekend getaway! The backwaters stretches for more than 4 kms and is surrounded by dense forest full of wildlife. The huge single rock formation of "Savandurga Hill" at the backdrop adds to the beauty.
Our campsite is designed for people who love nature and are willing to be inconvenienced by it. No electricity, no network and no screens – that’s how we like it. You can explore kayaking adventures, go hiking around the area or do nothing and be mesmerized by the beautiful views of the lake. If you’re a night sky enthusiast, you’ll enjoy the zero light pollution that the location has to offer.