During this period of lockdown, The Bird Song Cabin presents the perfect opportunity for budding photography enthusiasts to master the art of digital post-processing without leaving the safety of your home.
With the advent of digital photography, a requirement for post processing was also reborn. What can be done with a camera on location amounts to about half of the process of creating a great image. The other half of creating a great image is done in a digital darkroom (on a computer).
Over the last few years we have trained many talented photographers on our workshops and tours, however they lacked knowledge of how to post process their images to create truly remarkable photographs. Hence, Bird Song Cabin presents the perfect opportunity for budding young photography enthusiasts to master the art of digital post processing.
The aim of the course is to introduce the importance of post processing your pictures to reveal the true beauty behind your images.
The workshop is led by award-winning wildlife photographer Phillip Ross who will ensure a fun, educational, interactive and creative time. Phillip will also ensure that there is a lot of individual attention and will address all of your doubts and questions.
With an array of lessons ranging from image management, global edit post-processing and local edit post processing, you are sure to gain an understanding and mastery of post processing. The specifics of the workshop include:
- Comprehensive understanding of the art and magic of post processing
- Bring out the “oomph” in your images
- Learning to use Adobe Lightroom
- Lots of practical learning
- Expert guidance from wildlife photographer Phillip Ross
DATES: 1st to 5th September 2021
1st to 3rd Sept: 7 PM to 9 PM
4th & 5th Sept: 11 AM to 1 PM
1.Adobe Lightroom Classic CC (Incase you don’t have Lightroom already, you may download the trial version of the software one day before the start of the workshop)
Cost inclusive of GST
Rs.6962 per person
Rs.12980 for 2 participants
- Introduction to digital post processing
- Need for processing of images
- Choosing the right software – Advantages & Disadvantages
- Monitor calibration and ways to calibrate
- Introduction to Adobe Lightroom
- Image Management – Creation of catalogs, key-wording, rating and making collections
- Working with RAW files
- RAW vs JPEG
- Processing and converting RAW files
- Importance of a processing workflow
- Basic and global post processing adjustments
- Advanced and local adjustments
- Finishing the post processing workflow and saving for web or print
Unlimited post-processing support in the future with Phillip (Your photography mentor)
Have questions about this workshop?
We hope you'll find your answers here.
How many participants can be expected to attend?
A maximum of 20 participants are expected. The Outback Experience’s USP is to provide as much individual attention and quality time to each participant as possible and thus the workshop strength has been kept low. We do not cater to very large groups per batch!
What are the requisites for the Workshop?
We recommend you download the free trial version of Adobe Lightroom. This trial version is valid for a period of 7 days. Therefore, we recommend that you download it the night before the start of the workshop.
As this is a virtual/online interactive workshop, you must have good internet.
The workshop will be taking place over Zoom Conference calls. The Outback Experience will ensure that only those enrolled for the workshop be present on the conference and the conference locked once all participants are logged in.