, children are exposed to new environs, involving a whole lot of learning and fun! Wishbone summer programmes will focus on three main aspects of learning for a child. These exciting programmes will help a child hone life skills, sensitise them to natural surroundings and strives to bring out the naturalist within. We are thrilled to have our own campsite to run these experiences at Big Lake Campground
About outdoor skills workshop:
Outdoors is undeniably the best school for children. At this workshop, kids will learn to pitch their tent, set up camp, from starting a fire to cooking their own meal – they will learn to interact with nature and learn about the flora and fauna.
By the end of the camp – kids would have gained exposure to camping, adopt appropriate safety measures, understand their immediate surroundings and an appreciation for the great outdoors.About Wishbone:
specializes in providing wildlife and nature-based workshops, tours, and experiences to diverse audiences of all ages and backgrounds. Our core strengths lie in wildlife conservation and outdoor education, and our programs are built upon a solid foundation of respect for the natural world that surrounds us. Wishbone
’s team bring to the organization years of experience in wildlife biology, adventure sports, outdoor and experiential education for children and adults, program coordination and facilitation, entertainment, and corporate and team-building interventions.
has been running trips for over 12 years and over 3000 children have experienced our summer programmes.
When we were young, summer was our favourite season of the year. From making cork balls, learning to fly a kite, playing street games, fetching guavas from trees to imitating birds – we did everything OUTDOORS!
Today, skyscrapers dwarf the dwindling trees, streets are not safe to play and there are hardly any birds left to mimic. Wishbone
kids summer programmes were launched with a sole intention to create a platform that enables children to interact and enjoy their natural surroundings, the way we did!
Early bird offer - INR 21735/child ( Valid till 8th March 2019 )
Age group: 8 - 14 yrs
: Big Lake Campground, SathnurSkills which children will gain from the camp
- Set up your own camp
- Pitch your own tent
- Cook your own food in the
- Basic naturalist skills
- Basic outdoor first-aid
What will the children takeaway ?
- Facing Innumerable hurdles and new challenges
- Discover his/her abilities through adventurous activities
- Boost children's confidence
- Test one’s endurance and open up an exciting world of new possibilities.
How safe is this?
- All activities are designed to suit the age group. The campsite is child friendly.
- Our outdoor faculty comprises certified climbers/ instructors.
- We will have at least one female faculty. We maintain a 1:5 ratio at all times.
- At least two instructors will be certified first aid wilderness medics. There is always a fully stocked infirmary kit.
- Any child consuming any tablet is monitored by an instructor. Special attention will be given to children
who are prone to allergies..
- All equipment/ gear used in the programme are tried and tested.
- Transport (Pick up from Jayanagar)
- Toilet & Shower available.
- Tents and with bedding will be provided.
- All meals.
- Charging points available
- Any cancellations 7 days prior to departure, the entire fee will be forfeited.
- Cancellations between 8 to 15 days prior to the programme, 50% of the entire fee will be forfeited.
- Cancellations between 16 to 35 days prior to the programme, 25% of the entire fee will be forfeited.