Disconnect to Connect. Spend a weekend in the Shola Forest surrounded by lush greenery, a gurgling stream and the wild. Discover the practice of Shinrin Yoku at The Great Shola Camp
(click for images) at Wayanad.
The Japanese practice of forest bathing is proven to lower heart rate and blood pressure, reduce stress hormone production, boost the immune system, and improve overall feelings of wellbeing.
About the location:
We have set our base on a few acres of grassland on rolling hills of the Western Ghats in Wayanad. Beyond the horizon the vista opens to fold upon fold of shola and grassland habitat, disappearing into the mists of the Brahmagiri range that stretches across the border to Irupu in Karnataka. The ranges of Iritty stand silhouetted in the distance as the sun sinks in the west.
This is a holiday that exposes the individual to a new way of thinking, a chance to appreciate the local fauna and flora and to be part of an experiment that redefines the meaning of a community living in harmony with nature.
13:00 hrs : Arrive at Shola Shack and freshen up
13:30 hrs : Organic Lunch served
14:30 hrs : Take a dip in the stream and refresh
16:00 hrs : Birdwatching tour
17:30 hrs : Refreshments
18:00 hrs : Education on local flora and fauna
18:45 hrs : Witness the rain, wind and mist from the comforts of your room
20:00 hrs : Dinner
21:00 hrs : Night trek within the property
07:00 hrs: Forest bathing – alone time in a safe zone
08:00 hrs : Breakfast
09:00 hrs: Soak in the wilderness
11:00 hrs: Check out
3 vegetarian meals ( Lunch , Dinner and Breakfast )
Tea and snacks
Accommodation in a twin sharing room
Experience and activities
- Check with SHOLA SHACK personnel about the weather condition prior to your visit in order to carry right clothing
- Avoid bright coloured clothing. Forest friendly colors are recommended.
- Please ensure that all your personal products, cleaning agents, insect repellants etc are non-toxic.
- Maintain silence always, especially in the night.
- Guests are welcome to help SHOLA SHACK personnel with their conservation activities.
- Guests must share with SHOLA SHACK the photographs and videos taken by them, which we shall save in our archives and also use it for promotional activities. SHOLA SHACK shall not pay any remuneration/royalty for the same but we would give photo credits.
- Use of eco-friendly sanitary napkins is encouraged, if interested, guests can procure the same from SHOLA SHACK personnel
SHOLA SHACK is not a resort for weekend getaways. We discourage those who would like to use the campus as a picnic spot.Please avoid any activity that damages the environment.Refrain from harming the flora and fauna. Collection of flora or fauna (dead or alive) is prohibited.Guests are strictly not allowed to walk out of the campus on their own as it is surrounded by a wild area, elephants and other wild animals are known to visit frequently.Guests are expected to stay close to the living quarters during the night and not walk around the campus unless accompanied by one of the SHOLA SHACK personnelFacial tissues, paper napkins or toilet tissues are discouraged.Only eco friendly soaps are used.SHOLA SHACK is a no plastic zone and no litter zone, please carry your litter back with you.Please do not hand over sweets, snacks or money if you get to interact with the tribal elders and children.